Would you like to learn how to produce a jaw-dropping art and sound event? Are you interested in what makes an interactive video work? Would you like to know how Mozart overcame his composer’s block? And are you prepared to learn all this in an all-English environment? Then this minor might be just what you are looking for.
Art ‘n Sound
- Semester or period: Fall, spring
- Level: Third year
- Amount of ECTS: 30
- NHL-Institute: Technology
- Optional course: Dutch Language and Culture
Together with talented fellow-students you will be working on a perfect integration of design and audio elements to produce a work of art fit to be shown at exhibitions, events, in real life or on the internet. You will need to have some (basic) skills already in visual- and/or sound design and lots of creative talent and perhaps most important of all, the will and enthusiasm to overcome all the problems and pitfalls that are a creative artist’s lot.
If this description fits you then here’s what you will learn:
- How to kick-start your creativity
- How to collaborate in a group consisting of visual design- and sound specialists
- How to merge sound and visuals into an end-product that is more than the sum of its constituent parts
More specifically you may work on:
- Mastering and/or storyboarding
- Editing and NEW Radio making (College Radio)
Prerequisites interest in art and/or sound/music and a basic in multimedia or interested in College Radio.